Thursday, October 25, 2007

More birthday surprises!

In a further celebration of birthday week, I went to the haunted house in Post Falls with several friends of mine. For $6, it was well worth it. Pitch black inside with tiny twisty pathways. I kept running into walls. I'm just glad I didn't fall down! The actors all did a great job, although I think it must be exhausting to have to scream for every group that comes through - all night. In fact, as we were exiting a room, one of the actors asked our guide to bring some water for them on his next walk through!

After we all exited, chased by chainsaw-wielding high school students (scarier than adult maniacs, that's for sure), I was asked what to do next. What could the answer be but Indian food? So we all drove back and met up at Bombay Palace for deliciousness. Three orders of garlic naan, two of plain naan, plus two chicken dishes, lamb vindaloo, and an appetizer combo, chana masala, paneer tikka masala, and aloo gobi. Yum! I have a new obsession with the paneer tikka masala. Cubes of paneer that have been baked in the tandoori oven, then cooked with a slightly spicy, rich, delicious, orange-red sauce. The sauce is nice and thin too, so it's dippable with the garlic naan, which makes my belly deeply happy. Don't get me wrong, everything else is great too, but I think the paneer tikka masala has won my heart. At least for now. It's great for when you're not as hungry, because hunger would make chana or dal a better choice (chickpeas and lentils being really quite filling and all). The cheese almost has a baked-tofu texture and the mild flavor of the cheese highlights the sauce. Then douse your rice with sauce and eat, making sure to clean the bowl with your naan. Okay, now I'm hungry again. At least I have aloo gobi leftovers in my fridge!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Okay, now I'm hungry for Bombay Palace... yumm.