Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Marathon

I've decided to run a marathon. Not a specific marathon. Yet. But one, at some point, in the next two years. Hold me to this, people.

Even though I'm not sure why I want to do it. I suppose the fact that sitting up from a prone position has occasionally lately caused shortness of breath might have something to do with it, but c'mon, y'all, that is HARD. I am TIRED, and sitting up is sometimes more exertion than I am prepared to cope with. Also, last night at bowling when I mentioned it (in between bitching about having to actually stand up and pick up a heavy object in order to bowl), my friend noted that the first people who ran a marathon died, so clearly people aren't meant to travel 26.2 miles without the assistance of ponies or heavy machinery. I agree wholeheartedly. Oh well.

This all might indicate that I am *ahem* unprepared to run a marathon. This is true. That's why I'm allowing a lot of time to transition from one who considers cutting wheels of cheese and opening wine bottles "exercise" to one who will willingly jog, wait... walk (gotta start with walking) distances of at least one-half mile at a time. Then the actual training could conceivably commence.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I'm going to have a taco and take a nap.

No comments: