Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Petsitting

I used to petsit a lot before I moved here and started law school. I loved it, loved my clients (the humans and the furred ones), and made a couple hundred extra bucks a month. It's nice. I've missed it.

So I was pumped when my friend asked me to petsit for her this past weekend. She has two cats, one of whom is the fattest cat I've ever seen, and a dog. We brought Izzy over to play with the dog, Rufus. That was the best plan ever. They exhausted each other, running around the house and yard. They also got into everything and destroyed a few things, but that's neither here nor there. The best part is that Rufus actually would play with Izzy, and she got to be the boss for once, if solely due to his laziness.

The funniest part though is when the fat cat Alvin went downstairs and proceeded to corner Izzy while making very angry noises. He is more formidable than my own cat, as he is about thrice the size, so it was probably good for her.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Alvin is the perfect name for a fat cat.
Actually, it's the perfect name for any cat.
Alvin. Not just for chipmunks.