Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ultimate Bagel

I had a long day at school today, so because I was starving come lunchtime and needed to finish preparing for Payment Systems, I went to my favorite local place for lunch: Ultimate Bagel. Ultimate Bagel is actually the very first place I ever ate at in Spokane. I find it delicious. Whenever I go, which can vary from once a month to a couple times a week, depending on the time of the semester, I get a Veggie Bagelwich on a Jalapeno Asiago bagel. Today, as any other day, I got that, with a Diet Pepsi (mmmm..... aspartame....).

The Jalapeno Asiago bagel adds another dimension of cheesy goodness to the bagel, and a much-needed hint of heat. Definitely a good thing, as pepper jack is not a cheese option. I had swiss. The other choices are provolone, cheddar I believe, and cream cheese. As far as I'm concerned, cream cheese is a spread, not a cheese, but hey. I get it toasted, and with mustard and all the veggies. The Bagelwich comes with a pickle spear, bagel chips, and a mint.

The sandwich? Delicious and filling as always. The pickle? Tangy and tasty. The mint? Ummm.... minty and refreshing, I suppose. The chips? Waste of space. It's not that I have anything against the bagel chips in and of themselves, it's just that they're too hearty and filling, and without anything to dip them in, they really are quite dry. I suggest saving the chips for later, an easier proposition if you've gotten the meal to go, and dipping them in something. Salsa, perhaps. Or go nuts, dip them in cream cheese! Hey, there's little tubs of cream cheese there... I feel a plan coming on for next time. Yum.

That was the highlight of my day so far. I went to Payment Systems and was called on for the first five problems of class. I just wish I'd understood that part of it better!

No comments: